OVO Fest is Officially Here in Less Than 24 Hours [Guide]Posted by in Event
With OVO Fest merely hours away, it is important to know your facts. Below is a list of information that will help you tomorrow:
- • In order to access the venue (Molson Canadian Amphitheatre), you have to go through the front gates of Ontario Place. Come equipped with your ticket to get in through the front gates for free. Ask for directions to the amphitheatre once you’re in.
- • Doors open at 5:30PM. Get there early (especially those of you with lawn tickets). There’s usually a huge line up to get in.
- • The first opening act, 2 Chainz, will hit the stage at 6:30PM.
- • The second opening act, A$AP Rocky, will hit the stage at 7:05PM.
- • The third opening act, The Weeknd, will hit the stag at 7:45PM.
- • The headliner, Drake, comes on at 8:45PM.
- • Weather: In spite of the torrential downpours expected on Sunday, they will likely be contained to the earlier half of the day. At the moment, there is only a 40% chance of rain for the evening. It still doesn’t hurt to come prepared with a poncho or umbrella. The roof of the venue only covers sections 100 to 400 (mostly). Lawn seats will be completely exposed to any potential rain.
- • OVO Fest is a RAIN OR SHINE event. Meaning that regardless of the showers, the show will go on! The show will only be called off if there are SEVERE thunderstorms that may pose a threat to fans/patrons attending the event.
- • Merchandise: In order to purchase official OVO merchandise, you have to arrive early! There will be a huge booth set up (across from the refreshment stands) where you can buy your gear. Last year many popular sizes (i.e. Small and Medium) were sold out by the time later fans arrived.
- • Only point and shoot cameras are allowed within the venue.
- • Surprise guests (i.e. Meek Mill and French Montana) are all tentative. Many delays including traffic, weather, and customs may prevent these artists from appearing at the show.
- • Final note: Drake can bring out ANYONE. Prepare for the event of a lifetime.
Venue: Molson Canadian Amphitheatre – 909 Lake Shore Boulevard West, Toronto, ON M6K 3B9, Canada